Purpose of data collection
In relation with analysis and optimisation during the Be-Insight research project, fluxLoop (along with Kristiania University College (Høyskolen Kristiania), Ruter AS and Nordland County Council (Nordland Fylkeskommune) needs to analyse the test panels travel data utilising sensors in smartphones. Through the Be-Insight pilot application we will be able to collect useful information about where and how the test persons travel. Based on this, we will be able to gather insights that will enable new ticketing solutions and better travel offerings. By giving your consent the pilot app will gather information about your position and movements, in addition to data from most available sensors in your phone. A list of current sensors can be found here:
Jump to sensor list
The collection of data is only active when you have chosen to actively start gathering data in the app, and until you stop collecting. Name and telephone number is only used during the test period and will be deleted within 30 days after the completion of your test period. Collected data will be stored up to 24 months after the end of the test period and is deidentified immediately. Data stored beyond 24 months will be completely anonymised. As a starting point, the research team and project will collect as much data as possible, from as many data sources and sensors as possible. This is done to identify which data are decisive in understanding your travels precisely. Consequently most data sources and sensors will not be used in the future, but during the research project it is crucial with significant amounts of data.
Consent to data processing from you as a registered participant.
● Phone number
● Generated ID
● Location given as GPS coordinates
● Time on location
● Form of movement (walking, bike, driving, etc.)
● Sensor data from available sources in your phone (See list of sensors here)
Access, storage and deletion
Your personal information will be processed until analysis and development is completed, by the end of 2022. Information that is anonymised cannot be connected to you as a private person, and will therefore be stored to discern general user patterns over time.
You can easily get access to your stored personal information by contacting us and providing your phone's “person “personal identifier”. It can be found on the information page in the pilot app. If you wish to delete your personal data, send us an email on:
Important! Uninstalling the app does not entail automatic deletion of information stores with Be-Insight.
Be-Insight’s access to personal information about you is limited. You have the right to get insight into and correction of information that is stored about you. In addition, you have the right to data portability and deletion (see above).
Consequences of your rights and freedomEven though the processing of your data includes, amongst other things, the use of GPS positioning, your privacy is well taken care of by:
1. The use of the pilot app is voluntary and depends on your consent. You also actively start and stop the data collection every time you carry out a journey. When you have activated data collection, this is apparent on your phone.
2. We do not collect data beyond the journeys you actively start and stop in the app.
3. Adequate security measures have been implemented, such as the collection takes place in a secure manner and that location data is not linked to you without a valid reason.
4. The collection is also limited. We do not collect location data that is not relevant for the purpose of the project. The limitations described above shall ensure that the processing of data has little impact on your privacy. As a participant in the research project you understand the need for correct data for research purposes.
The limitations described above shall ensure that the processing of data has little impact on your privacy. As a participant in the research project you understand the need for correct data for research purposes.
Access on the phone
For the pilot app to collect valuable data and work properly the app must have access to certain functions on your phone.
Access the pilot app will ask for:
● Location when the app is collecting data
● Microphone when the app collects data. Note that this is not actual sound from the microphone, simply numbers that indicate amplitude. See link for more information about amplitude:
Amplitude on Wikipedia
● Movement when the app collects data
You can find more information about the project here:www.fluxloop.com/be-insight